Published on: 18/08/2021
Most Fun Overwatch Heroes To Play With
Even after five years, Overwatch is still a great game to play. What makes it so appealing is that every single match you play will be new. Between the variety of the most fun Overwatch heroes, the various maps, and the low-skill requirement, you’ll never experience two matches that are the same. That’s why it’s never repetitive and what makes it so much fun, even to this day.
The devs designed Overwatch with fun and simplicity in mind. These ideas came to life thanks to some of the most unique, ridiculous, and crazy fun characters in any FPS game ever. With so many different heroes to choose from, 32 to be exact, it’s hard to narrow it down to just pick one.
Here is a list of the most fun Overwatch heroes to play.
For more information on Overwatch betting visit the betting section.
Starting off the list at number four of the most fun Overwatch heroes is the Support Hero Lucio. Coupled with his speed boost and healing boost passives, you don’t have to lift a finger to heal your teammates. Additionally, booping enemies off cliffs is perhaps the most satisfying way to get a kill.
- Sonic Amplifier: Hit enemies with sonic projectiles or knock them back with a blast of sound
- Crossfade: Continuously energizes himself and nearby teammates with music. Switch between two songs: one amplifies movement speed while the other regenerates health.
- Amp It Up: Increases the volume on his speakers, boosting the effects of his songs.
- Sound Barrier: His Ultimate Ability briefly provides him and nearby allies with personal shields.
3. Wrecking Ball
At number three of the most fun Overwatch heroes is the Tank Hero, Wrecking Ball. Cute but dangerous, Wrecking Ball has high mobility that’s guaranteed to annoy your enemies. Your additional shields give you tons of solo survival capabilities, allowing you to harass the enemy in the back.
- Quad Cannons: Automatic assault cannons tear apart threats at medium range.
- Roll: Transform yourself into a ball, increasing maximum movement speed.
- Grappling Claw: Launch a grappling claw, enabling him to anchor to an area and swing from it. If he strikes an enemy with a powered-up swing, they’re damaged and knocked back.
- Pile Driver: Slam onto the ground below, damaging enemies and launching them upward.
- Minefield: Deploy a field of long-lasting proximity mines that explode on contact with enemies.
Taking the runner-up slot is the Damage Hero, Genji. One of the more popular heroes in the game mostly based on character design alone, Genji packs a hard punch if used right. He has his double-wall jump abilities, his glowing shuriken, and his dragon-possessed sword. What more could you ask?
- Shuriken: Throws three deadly throwing stars in quick succession. Alternatively, he can throw three shurikens in a wider spread.
- Deflect: With lightning-quick swipes of his sword, he reflects an oncoming projectile and sends it rebounding towards his opponent.
- Swift Strike: Darting forward, slashing with his katana, and passing through foes in his path. If Genji eliminates a target, he can instantly use this ability again.
- Dragonblade: Brandishing his katana for a brief period. Until he sheathes his sword, Genji can deliver killing strikes to any targets within his reach.
Coming up to the top of the list as the most fun Overwatch hero is another Damage Hero, Mei. Nobody likes being frozen, but just about everybody likes freezing. Spraying foes down as they desperately try to escape to no avail and then finishing them off by popping them in the head with an icicle is a sadistic pleasure, but a pleasure nonetheless. Walling off an ultimate or freezing yourself to undo a foe’s hard work just makes Mei even more enjoyable to play.
- Endothermic Blaster: Unleashes a concentrated, short-range stream of frost that damages, slows, and ultimately freezes enemies in place.
- Cryo-Freeze: Instantly surrounding herself with a block of thick ice. She heals and ignores damage while encased but cannot move or use abilities.
- Ice Wall: Generates an enormous ice wall that obstructs sight lines, stops movement, and blocks attacks.
- Blizzard: Deploys a weather-modification drone that emits gusts of wind and snow in a wide area.
Written by Michael Martinez