Published on: 08/07/2021
Call of Duty Mobile: In Deep Water – Season 5
Season 5 of Call of Duty mobile is officially here. Last season brought us to the wild west, and naturally, players are excited about something fresh. The new season, Deep Water, has an aquatic theme. The update went live on June 28.
Along with the new season came some new and exciting content. With everything from new maps, new weapons, and a new battle pass, there’s plenty to be excited about once again. The character Ghost, a fan favorite, is also making a comeback as the season’s focus.
There is plenty to be excited about this season. Let’s dive right in and see what is in store for the players.
What You Should Be Excited About
Season 5 Battle Pass
Just like with every new season, a new battle pass is out. The “In Deep Water” battle pass will introduce everything from new weapons, new charms for your weapon and even some new characters.
The free track of the battle pass includes a K9 Unit Operator Skill, the new CR-56 AMAX Assault Rifle, and plenty more that make it worth it. Meanwhile, if you want to pay for the premium track, players can unlock new weapon Blueprints for various guns, along with an assortment of new characters.
Season 5 Maps
Along with the new battle pass, players can be excited for three new maps coming to multiplayer. COD fans should be fairly familiar with these. All three maps are from Modern Warfare(2019), landing across various seasons during Infinity Ward’s latest release.
- Suldal Harbor is a direct remake of Harbor from the very first CoD title. It is fit for most standard playlists.
- Docks is a much smaller map in comparison. It should favor 2v2 Gunfight modes.
- Aniyah Incursion is another regular-sized map built with 6v6 objective play in mind.
Included with the new maps, players will also be able to access new modes such as Cranked, Confirmed and Ground Mission.
Season 5 Call of Duty Mobile: In Deep Water Patch Notes
🐟 🐠 ⛓
🐡 IN 🐋 ⛓
🦀 🦐 ⚓ pic.twitter.com/OaR26ciFiX
— Call of Duty: Mobile (@PlayCODMobile) June 23, 2021
Every new season brings along a series of patch notes for various weapons. This can alter the game’s meta and change how the players play. The most notable patch has to be the decrease in damage range for the PP19. It was a very OP gun, but the player base loves it. It will be interesting to see the implications of this nerf.
Listed below are the rest of the patch notes.
- Decreased damage range when the PP19 is equipped without attachments
- Decreased damage range when the PP19 is equipped with Monolithic Suppressor or OWC Marksman
- Decreased damage when the QXR is equipped without attachments
- Increased the damage multiplier to the chest when the QXR is equipped without attachments
- Slightly increased bullet spread when the QXR is equipped without attachments
- Decreased the damage multiplier to the chest when the QXR is equipped with Enhanced Bolt
- Slightly increased vertical recoil when the QXR is equipped with Enhanced Bolt
- Decreased damage range when the QXR is equipped with Monolithic Suppressor or OWC Marksman
- Slightly increased damage range when the ASM10 is equipped without attachments
- Increased ADS Speed when the ASM10 is equipped with OWC Ranger or OWC Marksman
- Slightly increased ADS Speed when the Locus is equipped with OWC Skeleton Stock.
- Increased ADS Speed when the AGR556 is equipped
with MIP Extended Light Barrel, OWC Marksman or RTC Steady Stock
- Slightly decreased HP of the Hawk X3
- Hawk X3: continuous firing will reduce accuracy
- Fixed a bug where player vision can pass through the wall in a specific location in Tunisia
If you are interested in esports betting, especially with the Call of Duty Mobile World Championships ramping up, visit the JustGamers page to learn more and get started.
Written by Michael Martinez.